Hi Pablo,

This comment from the ExtFile source code may shed some light on the issue. Photos can for historical reasons, and without changes to the Photo product, not take advantage of ZODB_PATH = PHYSICAL.

    # XXX: The Photo product uploads into unwrapped ExtImages.
    # As we can not reliably guess our parent object we fall back
    # to the old behavior. This means that Photos will always
    # use ZODB_PATH = VIRTUAL independent of config settings.

Stefan