--On 28. August 2006 14:38:23 +0200 Gaute Amundsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Monday 28 August 2006 14:06, Andreas Jung wrote:
--On 28. August 2006 14:00:25 +0200 Gaute Amundsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Monday 28 August 2006 13:16, Andreas Jung wrote:
>> - Docfindertab
>> - lib/python/OFS/interfaces.py (!)
>> - lib/python/OFS/CopySupport.py
>> -aj
> Excuse me, my oh so knowledgable friend, but it is not at all obious to
> me,  ( or most other readers of this list, I'd wager) what or where
> "Docfindertab"  is.

You might google for Docfindertab and click on the first hit. I think
that's a task you can perform on your own?

I am not in the habit of installing products on our server just because
some  self important twat, who could not be bothered to write "try the
Docfindertab  product", mentions a name that might refer to that product.

Now you have spent twise as much time typing the reply, as you would have
if  you had been clear from the start.

Not to mention nurturing my growing desire to switch to ROR at the first
oportunity, and demonstrating to potential zope users on the list that
asking  for help wil just get you insulted.

You had a bad night? The pointer to the keyword argument and the hints where to look for additional information were perfectly fine. So what was insulting? This list is *not* a professional helpdesk. We answer to questions on a voluntary basis. Even as a newbie (if you are one) you should be able to perform additional investigations on your own. What's wrong with googling for "Docfindertab"? I think we don't have to perform such trivial tasks for you. You expected help for you problem - you got help and the right solution. But speaking for almost all other volunteers on this list:
we do except that you do basic investigations on your own initiative.

On my installaton there is no interfaces.py for OFS, nor for hardly
anything  else.

It's available in the latest Zope 2.9 version. Since you did not provide an version information I could not smell what you're using so I looked into the most current version. Otherwise you can always look at the sources (that's why it is called open-source ; you have the freedom to look at the sources) and "grep -r" is always a perfect tool to find related code parts.