Oops, I suppose that wasn't a very helpful response. I'll note that we used OpenSSL on the server side to verify the signature created by CAPICOM via:

openssl smime -verify -inform PEM -CAfile /path/to/ca_cert -content <signaturedata>

There was a bunch of buggery on the client side to get the <signaturedata> into a format that it could be read. *This* is the code that I won't even look at again without getting paid to do it. ;-)

- C