Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
It's also f'ing slow and doesn't scale ;-)

Translation: In our experience, large databases with a lot of objects can lead to very slow operations, such as packing and backing up the data. This might be improved by using a file system designed for many small files, but on ext3 the whole thing became a terrible dog. This slowness also appears when doing automated buildouts which create lots of objects. Even simple stuff like just instantiating a Plone portal from the ZMI was noticeably slower.

I thought my version was much more understandable ;-)

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk