To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 7:18 AM
Subject: [Zope] accelerating Zope restart

Hi,

My Data.fs is huge (21GB) because it contains many video files. This is not a problem in itself, however, I recently had to reboot my machine and now zope takes around 20-30 minutes to restart. Is a fstest automatically done ? How
could I accelerate the restarting, if possible ?

You may also want to have a look at the localfs product which would allow you to store your large video files on the local file system instead of inside the ZODB (but still access them as if they were stored in the ZODB).

http://sourceforge.net/projects/localfs

Jonathan