On Thu, 2006-31-08 at 12:52 +0100,

> > Zope does maintain a Data.fs.index file. If it becomes corrupt e.g. through
> > an unclean shutdown then Zope will recreate it by scanning the whole
> > Data.fs file when starting Zope the next time. This will take some
> > time....so before rebooting you should shutdown down your Zope properly.
> >
> OK, I have two questions about shutting down zope:
> - To cleanly shut down zope daemon, is "zopectl stop" enough ?

> - If zope runs in the foreground, how to shut it down cleanly ? CTRL+C won't
> do
> it I guess ?

I always thought CTRL+C would do it actually.  It's only a force kill
with -9 that will kill it without shutting down properly.  But you could
always go to the Control_Panel in the zmi and do a shutdown from there,
that is for certain safe.

- Rocky

Rocky Burt
News About The Server (blog) -- http://www.serverzen.net