On 9/2/06, Tres Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The permission needed here is for the "effective" user to write to the
"ZEO control socket", which is normally in the 'etc' direcdtory of your
instance home, and named 'zeo.zdsock'.  Try changing 'zeo.conf' to put
that file in your 'var' directory, where you *must* be able to create
files (otherwise you wouldn't be able to use 'runzeo').

I keep meaning to file a bug and patch to change the default location
of the socket file to the var/ dir like zopectl does. The effective
ZEO user should not be able to write in my etc/ dir, thank you very
much!

--
Martijn Pieters