On 9/5/06, Philipp von Weitershausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> What's going on here?? Which is which?
>
> http://www.ikaaro.org/localizer
> or
> http://www.j-david.net/software/localizer/
>
> They're both zope products and both with the same name.
> Perhaps the author of the "deprecated" page could put a redirect or
> something to the new one.

Do yourself a favour and do what ChrisW suggested: use Five's i18n
machinery. Comes with Zope 2.9 included. For Zope 2.8, simply install
Five 1.2. It's a no-brainer (isntalling Five 1.2).

But how do you use it? I installed Five 1.2.6
In my product's directory I created a configure.zcml that looks like this::
<configure xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope";
          xmlns:browser="http://namespaces.zope.org/browser";
          xmlns:i18n="http://namespaces.zope.org/i18n";
          package="Products.RememberYourFriends">

 <i18n:registerTranslations directory="i18n" />

</configure>

Starts without errors. My ryf-sv.po file isn't automatically compiled
to .mo and I tried changing the HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE variable but
still just the old default English.

Either I've missed something big and crucial or there's a bug in lack
of errors or alerts.

Pulling my hair :(

Philipp

Peter Bengtsson,