Maciej Wisniowski wrote:
 > I consider this a feature request but not as a bug.
Ehm... I'm not sure whether we understand each other.

I mean the bug

There is no bug.

is that DateDisplayWidget in Zope2.9.4 uses
request.locale which as you said is from Zope3 world. So, as far as I
understand, reference to 'request.locale' shouldn't appear in Zope
2.9.4 code at all but it does... Do you mean it is correct??

DateDisplayWidget expects an IBrowserRequest. Zope 2's request only pretends to be an IBrowserRequest. At the current state, it can't implement the whole interface.

That's a known issue, but we can't do anything about it, at least not in DateDisplayWidget (and numerous other places where request.locale is used). The problem's roots go deeper.

Philipp