DateDisplayWidget expects an IBrowserRequest. Zope 2's request only pretends to be an IBrowserRequest. At the current state, it can't implement the whole interface.

That's a known issue, but we can't do anything about it, at least not in DateDisplayWidget (and numerous other places where request.locale is used). The problem's roots go deeper.

I just thought that if there is DateDisplayWidget class in Zope2.9.4 code
then it may be used. It is a bit strange for me that Zope contains code
that is unuseable. But ok, I'll use something different.

--
Maciej Wisniowski