Maciej Wisniowski wrote:
DateDisplayWidget expects an IBrowserRequest. Zope 2's request only pretends to be an IBrowserRequest. At the current state, it can't implement the whole interface.

That's a known issue, but we can't do anything about it, at least not in DateDisplayWidget (and numerous other places where request.locale is used). The problem's roots go deeper.

I just thought that if there is DateDisplayWidget class in Zope2.9.4 code
then it may be used. It is a bit strange for me that Zope contains code
that is unuseable. But ok, I'll use something different.

It is not unusable if your request correctly implements IBrowserRequest. And even though it is in Zope 2.9.4, it comes from a Zope 3 based library. Five never gave you a guarantee that *all* Zope 3 components would instantly work in Zope 2 as soon as they're shipped with it.