Hello,

With Zope 2.8.7 and Python 2.3.5 (Plone 2.1.3 installer), when I search inside the ZMI for the spanish " ñ" character (inside a Plone site object), I get an UnicodeDecodeError:

Site Error

UnicodeDecodeError

Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

  • Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 188, in publish_module_standard
  • Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line 34, in new_publish
  • Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 145, in publish
  • Module Zope2.App.startup, line 216, in zpublisher_exception_hook
  • Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 114, in publish
  • Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
  • Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
  • Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 311, in __call__
  • Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
  • Module App.special_dtml, line 175, in _exec
  • Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 61, in render
  • Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 196, in eval
    __traceback_info__: _
  • Module <string>, line 0, in ?
  • Module OFS.FindSupport, line 112, in ZopeFind
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xf1 in position 0: ordinal not in range(128) (Also, the following error occurred while attempting to render the standard error message, please see the event log for full details: 'portlet_intranet')