Thanks for your responses. I can say from experience that even a barely known blog by an unheralded developer can attract some attention now and then and that blogs by leading developers of a given project, like Philipp's own blog, can be a very good source of news about an interesting project.

While I agree that to blog or not to blog is a matter of taste, I don't think that it is that difficult to use blogs. You just need to find the feed for an interesting blog once, which is easier than a lot of lists (even Zope's, if I recall correctly), that require you to sign on from a web page and validate email at the time you subscribe. Also, subscribing to blogs of people you respect reduce the noise a little bit, and managing a dozen blogs seems to me a lot easier than a dozen mailing lists, but your mileage may vary. The main thing going for blogs regarding buzz is that if your post is linked to by  a couple of bloggers, it may end up being read by an audience you never expected, and the effect can sometimes multiply. That just doesn't happen with mailing lists.

Anyway, I'm just saying that perhaps this quality of the Zope community makes it a little harder to get to know Zope 3 these days (many bloggers have seen to it that Zope 2 is better known, though sadly in a negative way for Zope). Of course, that doesn't mean the community is doing anything wrong. Like Martin Aspeli said in a blog post, "maybe we're just not that kind of people" (

Carlos de la Guardia