Greetings.

I have a problem with an application we have hosted in Zope, and I thought you could give me a hand. Basically, my question is: what's the easiest way to trace errors raised by a python script that's part of the application?

This is the exact situation: I have to modify such application. It is a very big application, with a lot of python scripts, sql methods, etc... After testing it for the first time after the modification, nothing happens. By this I mean there is no error message, yet I know the application doesn't work right, since no data were inserted into the database.

If it was an application developed in some other language, I'd just print messages on the screen to carry on with the debugging, and be able to know where the application is going. But this doesn't work with Zope. I just can't write "print 'some message'", because nothing gets written on the screen...

I have tried with the Error_log object, but since the python script doesn't raise exceptions, no exceptions is captured by such object.

I'm out of ideas here. What I basically want is some way of printing stuff somewhere, maybe a file, or the screen itself, to know where the application is in every moment. That way, locating the error would be far easier.

Please, any help with this will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.