David H wrote:

David Bear wrote:

I wanted to assign a list object to a tal global variable but I can't
seem to find the correct syntax. I tried:

    blah

but it doesn't like that syntax. Googling turns up thousands of items
that deal with tal but I can't see a simple example of assigning a
list object to a variable name.

Im not a tal expert but if you just put everthing inside of ....

Your fine.

ah heck
it should be:  <div tal:define "someName python: alist[like so] ..."

where someName is global inbetween the <div>s and the "global" modifier can be pointless.