--On 12. September 2006 18:14:39 +0100 Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm just starting to look at Zope as a potential platform to implement a
simple authenticated web site... however I do not want to face users with
the standard web-browser dialogue, but rather my own log-in page.  I've
established how to restrict access based upon permissions etc... and I'm
able to set/reset cookies based a form submission - but do not see how to
integrate an HTML login page with the standard Zope security.

I've read that I should use the "Cookie Crumbler" product... but after
I've added this to the folder that I intend to protect, I click on
cookie_authentication (the default name for the "Cookie Crumbler" object)
and I get the following error message:

*Error Type: AttributeError*
*Error Value: aq_parent*

Such a snippet is worthless for getting help. You need to provide the full traceback.