----- Original Message ----- From: "Jens Vagelpohl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[Zope] List Mailing" <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 9:21 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] ZEO with Multiple Storages

On 14 Sep 2006, at 13:56, Jonathan wrote:

Yes: a single zeo server can deal with multiple storages (ie. a storage can contain mount points to other storages)

That's misleading wording, a storage knows nothing at all about mounts. The storage server can't do anything except for reading from and writing to ZODB databases. Mounting is a client concept only.

I didn't say that the storage 'knew' anything about mount points. I simply stated that a storage can contain mount points to other storages (storages contain objects, if one of those objects happens to be a mount point to another storage the storage containing the 'mount point' object doesn't care).

So the wording is not misleading (if the storage doesn't contain the mount point object, where is it stored?)