OK, well, Zope works out of the box with DAV clients, so...

(and please keep conversations on the list)...

- C

On Sep 14, 2006, at 1:32 PM, Steve wrote:

Chris McDonough wrote:
Take a look at Plone Desktop from enfold systems...

Thanks for the suggestion... that's interesting, but far more involved
than what I'm aiming for... For example, I definitely don't want to
require any special client software, and a big feature of the Plone
Desktop seems to be integration with the Win32 file-system - whereas I
don't need that per-se... any user-friendly UI would suit me just fine.

I guess I might have better described that I what this to be a bit like
an https based ftp-site with file uploads and downloads etc...  a
simple, secure mechanism for exchange of arbitrary files between users
of the portal... I don't really need or want content-management per- se....

Steve