How does it not work?

Webfolders doesn't allow setting permissions on folders or files on a share. You'll need to do this through Zope's security interface via a browser.

I suspect the situation is this: you will likely need a need a content management or a fat client or both if you want users to be able to manage security via a "normal" (nothing really normal about it, IMO, but...) Explorer window.

Zope has a completely different security model than either UNIX or Windows, so something needs to map its notion of security to the client's. Plain-old-webfolders won't help here.

I wonder why you don't just use a Windows share here? What does Zope give you that it wouldn't in this case?

- C