I am trying to create a custom object under control_panel/products
What i want is a simple object that i can give properties that will automatically be indexed by a zcatalog.

I have succeeded in doing this already, however I have based my object on the DTML document base class. I want to use page templates to display my content, but this only works if i call the template over the object like so: http://mysite/myobject/template

I would like the object to call the template itself, so that i don't have to change urls by adding the template to them. If I create a DTML document and call the page template in the source it does not find the object, only it's parent. I know this is because of acquisition and in a page template i would solve this by calling a macro and in the macro calling i.e. tal:content="template/property"

I can't seem to find the equivalent in DTML for this command. Is there any?

I've also tried using other base classes for my content object but there are no simple ones afaik.

Does anyone have suggestions on what path to choose here?