----- Original Message ----- From: "Ferhat Ayaz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:20 AM
Subject: [Zope] VirtualHost 403 Forbidden. Help!!

I read every doc I found. But the server reports
always 403 on konfiguring an APache VirtualHost on my
Zope Instance on the same machine. Here my sniplet
from apache2.conf (also known as httpd.conf)

<VirtualHost journal.homelinux.net:80>
      ServerName journal.homelinux.net
      ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      RewriteEngine On
      RewriteRule ^/(.*)

      ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/journal-error_log
      TransferLog /var/log/apache2/journal-access_log

I tryed many other variants to point to the VH
The result is always:

Is your nameserver configured to allow access to journal.homelinux.net?
(look at /etc/named.conf  and the associated db entry in /etc/named)

Can you get to a simple directory on your server? (ie. change the rewrite rule so that it points at a directory on your server - create a simple index.html file in the associated htdocs subdirectory)