Dnia piątek, 29 września 2006 09:00, Daniel de la Cuesta napisał:
> Hi, I am beginner working with Zope. I like it but I have some doubts:
>
> I have an structure with folders and subfoulders, each folder and subfolder
has items.

> I want to go round this structre with a Python based script, to know the
number of elements i do the following:
Subject of your post is confusing for me. "Path expressions" is a term from
PageTemplates world. Look at path expressions:
or

> path="animals"
path is a local variable (for your 'Script (Python)')

> items=len(context.sections.path.contentValues())
Here you try to find an object (Folder) called 'path' inside object
called 'sections'.

> When I try to run the script I get an error saying that the variable "path"
is not present.
Yup, there is no 'path' object inside 'sections'.

> If i do:
>
> items=len(context.sections.animals.contentValues())
> everything is ok,
because there is 'animals' object

> How can I refer to a variable into a path expression in a Python Based
Script?
Try: context.sections[path].contentValues()

--
eXt