From: "Dieter Maurer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Alan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] external method: importing and updating method

> Alan wrote at 2006-10-2 18:48 +0100:
>>In my external method I have something like this:
>>sys.path.insert(0, CCPNPYTHON)
>
> This is not a good idea!
>
> The source of an "External Method" can be read arbitrarily often --
> and each time, you extend "sys.path"...

We get around this 'evergrowing' path problem by (if there is a problem with
this solution let me know!):

import sys
SOMEPATH = '/some/path/goes/here'
if SOMEPATH not in sys.path:
    sys.path.append(SOMEPATH)

Jonathan

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.