michael nt milne wrote at 2006-10-12 10:06 +0100:
>I still feel there is a lot of anti-Windows
>feeling and whilst I don't prefer the platform I feel it should be well

In fact, Windows is better supported than other platforms.
But, unfortunately, its users need even much more support...

   While other platforms are happy with a source release,
   Windows users expect a binary release, because
   they neither want to pay MS for a compiler (good!)
   nor want to install the priceless Cygwin (which brings a compiler with it)
   and generate the executables themselves (as users of other
   platforms do).

This indicates three options for you:

  1.  You volunteer to build the Windows binaries

  2.  You wait until another volunteer has build and provided
      the Windows binaries

  3.  You do as other platform users do it and build your
      own executables.