On 12/10/06, Dieter Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  nor want to install the priceless Cygwin (which brings a compiler with it)
  and generate the executables themselves (as users of other
  platforms do).

Cygwin isn't mentioned in the windows install doc, and indeed a
conscientious user such as myself my find Zope a insider posting "You
need either the Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 (not publicly available
anymore) or Visual Studio .NET 2003"
(http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.plone.devel/12915 )-
which discouraged me from trying a cygwin build... I already have a
cygwin python after all, and build from source frequently on several
platforms... it would work for my development, though perhaps a harder
sell for my client's production.

I read archives of a prior discussion mentioning the possibility of
packaging a release from the nightly builds- can't find the builds
available for d/l though. Here's my vote... oh and just found this
recent discussion which indicates that "the wheels are in motion":
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/zope/dev/202633

Sorry for inadvertently opening a thread that started some flames, the
missing win executables looked like a simple oversight to me. In
general I like platform-neutrality, and take as an article of faith
that a wide range of supported platforms indicates quality code and
thoughtful designers. It also makes pitching a project easier!