Maurits van Rees wrote:
Hi,

I have recently learned how to add tab completion to an interactive
python session and to pdb, thanks to Tom Lazar and to Jacob at
ParTecs.  More info with links on my first blog entry in three months:

http://maurits.vanrees.org/weblog/2006/10/tab-completion.html

At the end of that entry I ask a question: Can we add tab completion
to the zopectl debugger?  Or actually more general: can we load the
~/.pythonrc.py file when the zopectl debugger is started?  In that
file, the user can arrange tab completion or anything else he wants to
have available for interactive python sessions.

It is very easy to do: just add 'import user;' to the command line in
the do_debug function of $SOFTWARE_HOME/Zope2/Startup/zopectl.py.  For
details, see that blog entry.

Looks good, is there any way this can be done by putting more code in do_debug and not usering .pythonrc.py?

In any case, this would be cool, please add a feature request + patch in the collector:

http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk