--On 20. Oktober 2006 14:20:51 +0200 Garito <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

   And I know, in principle, all the potential caveats...

Can you point me to some example/product to try to avoid this kind of

You got already multiple useful advices how to proceed. Take one!
Follow the road that almost all reasonable Zope developers would use:
write your own accessor  methods or use ComputedAttribute or
work with Python properties. But you should forget your (weird) idea.
Get it out of your head. Now!