You don't need to traverse /me thinks. Item access is fast. How about:

app.data[classId].instances[obId]

Stefan

On 26. Okt 2006, at 05:44, Jürgen Herrmann wrote:

i have a writeen am framework where objects have unique ids and
instances are stored in btreefolders, one per class.
if i want to retrieve an instance based on id, i lookup it's class
name and the get the class' container path from my metadata manager
(f.ex. "/app/data/Appointments/instances").
now i traverse to this container and get the object with given id
from there.

--
Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again,
happens again.  --Douglas Adams