--On 6. November 2006 08:30:45 -0800 Nancy Donnelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm redoing a bunch of documents on a Zope site on my PC and I realized
it would be easier to simply delete all the old ones and upload all the
new ones. But if I do that, they'll load as "files", not "page
templates". I know there's a way to convert between the two, but I don't
remember how. Can someone help? TIA,

Martin Aspeli gave you already the correct answer on the plone-users list.
Any more help needed? If yes, file and page templates have APIs to be used by programmers. Write a migration script that performs the necessary steps by reading your old data, creating new objects and by add the old content to the new instances as needed. If you need more help, ask something specfic.