I confess I'm still quite green at programming, so if I'm wrong, please don't
be too harsh ;) Any direction would be appreciated.
I'm not sure whether it is what you're looking for but
it may be one of simplest solutions that you may
change if you need to. As Andreas said before,
ask a specific question :)

1. Log into ZMI and create a folder called 'Myfiles'

2. upload your files via FTP or something into 'Myfiles' folder
and as you said before they should appear as 'File' objects

3. Create a file 'files2zpt.py' in the 'Extensions/' folder of your Zope
instance (filesystem, not ZMI) and fill it with this code:

from Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate import ZopePageTemplate

def files2zpt(self):
   for fname, fobj in self.objectItems('File'):
self._setObject(fname+'_zpt', ZopePageTemplate(fname+'_zpt', str(fobj.data)))
   return 'ok'

by simply filling all fields in the add form as 'files2zpt'

5. Click on your new External method files2zpt in ZMI and 'Test' it :)

Thats all

BTW. I tested this on Zope 2.8.8

Maciej Wisniowski