I confess I'm still quite green at programming, so if I'm wrong, please don't
be too harsh ;) Any direction would be appreciated.
I'm not sure whether it is what you're looking for but
it may be one of simplest solutions that you may
change if you need to. As Andreas said before,
ask a specific question :)
1. Log into ZMI and create a folder called 'Myfiles'
2. upload your files via FTP or something into 'Myfiles' folder
and as you said before they should appear as 'File' objects
3. Create a file 'files2zpt.py' in the 'Extensions/' folder of your Zope
instance (filesystem, not ZMI) and fill it with this code:
from Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate import ZopePageTemplate
for fname, fobj in self.objectItems('File'):
4. Go back to ZMI and to 'Myfiles/' folder and create 'External method'
by simply filling all fields in the add form as 'files2zpt'
5. Click on your new External method files2zpt in ZMI and 'Test' it :)
BTW. I tested this on Zope 2.8.8
Zope maillist - Zope@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -