On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 11:01:26PM -0800, Nancy Donnelly wrote:
> 75From: Tres Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > The script you are using to start Zope with looks like it must be
> > 'zctl', the ancient precursor to the current 'zopectl':  it 'execed' its
> > Python config file (which is what you have here).  That version was
> > never shipped with Zope, and has not been in active use by its authors
> > (I'm one of them) for more than three years now.
> >
> Hmm. Okay. I took over this box recently. So, how do I change things? Here's
> my current zopectl:

Have a look at the configuration section of the zope book:

But since your instance has some old-style gunk you'll
want to make sure you get the new-style scripts and config files
in place. To do that, the easiest thing is probably:

- shut down zope.
- make a backup copy of your existing instance.
- delete all files in INSTANCE_HOME/etc and INSTANCE_HOME/bin
  (you did make that backup right??)
- go to your ZOPE_HOME, /usr/local/zope/278
- run "./bin/mkzopeinstance.py
- follow the prompts. When it asks for Directory,
  give your full INSTANCE_HOME path.
- Edit INSTANCE_HOME/etc/zope.conf.
  There will be lots of comments in there explaining
  the various directives. Hopefully you can figure
  out how the various things in your old zope.conf
  translate to the new format.

Paul Winkler