On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 11:01:26PM -0800, Nancy Donnelly wrote:
> 75From: Tres Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > The script you are using to start Zope with looks like it must be
> > 'zctl', the ancient precursor to the current 'zopectl':  it 'execed' its
> > Python config file (which is what you have here).  That version was
> > never shipped with Zope, and has not been in active use by its authors
> > (I'm one of them) for more than three years now.
> >

> Hmm. Okay. I took over this box recently. So, how do I change things? Here's
> my current zopectl:

Have a look at the configuration section of the zope book:
http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/InstallingZope.stx#1-13

But since your instance has some old-style gunk you'll
want to make sure you get the new-style scripts and config files
in place. To do that, the easiest thing is probably:

- shut down zope.
- make a backup copy of your existing instance.
- delete all files in INSTANCE_HOME/etc and INSTANCE_HOME/bin
  (you did make that backup right??)
- go to your ZOPE_HOME, /usr/local/zope/278
- run "./bin/mkzopeinstance.py
- follow the prompts. When it asks for Directory,
  give your full INSTANCE_HOME path.
- Edit INSTANCE_HOME/etc/zope.conf.
  There will be lots of comments in there explaining
  the various directives. Hopefully you can figure
  out how the various things in your old zope.conf
  translate to the new format.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com