--On 14. November 2006 12:16:40 +0100 Marek Szczypiński <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello All,

  I've been using zope and matplotlib for some time now, and I want to
connect them. I'am using the example code from page:
http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Matplotlib/Matplotlib_and_Zope ,
but whenever I try to import matplotlib, and/or pylab packages i get
this error from zope:

Error Type: RuntimeError
Error Value: '/' is not a writable dir; you must set environment
variable HOME to be a writable dir

This is unlikely a Zope core issue. You must provide the *full traceback*
in order to get help. Otherwise contact the authors of the related
packages/products. And as the error message indicates your environment
variable $HOME is not set properly or unset.