import time
time.localtime(106900545747.045975).tm_year
5357

Now, we understand: it's the Python "time" implementation that has
changed.

With Python 2.3.3 (under Debian Sarge), we get:

from time import localtime
localtime(106900545747.045975)
(1901, 12, 13, 21, 45, 52, 4, 347, 0)
localtime(106900545747.045975).tm_year
1901

In my python 2.4.3 (compiled from source) and the one installed with the OS, which is also 2.4.3, it doesn't work. I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ValueError: timestamp out of range for platform time_t

So, I guess there should be something that you can configurate when building python, or it is perhaps a linux kernel paramater. With python 2.3.5 it works however, so, it is a change in python as Dieter mentioned.

By running the zopectl in debug mode for zope 2.9.4, the resulting traceback is the same as the one posted by the OP. With zope 2.8.8 it runs without any problem. So, it could be that the provider is running zope 2.8.5 with python 2.4.

Regards
Josef