The CMF developer community is hereby announcing the release of CMF
This second alpha release was cut to help release Plone 3.0-alpha. A lot
of bug fixes and features have made it into the CMF since release
which has become somewhat obsolete as the basis for Plone 3.0-alpha.
What is the CMF?
The Zope Content Management Framework provides a set of services and
content objects useful for building highly dynamic, content-oriented
portal sites. The CMF provides the foundation for popular software
packages such as Plone. It is intended to be easily customizable, in
terms of both the types of content used and the policies and services
Where do I get it?
For release files, change logs, installation instructions and more
please visit http://www.zope.org/Products/CMF/CMF-2.1.0-alpha2.
Roadmap and release information can be found at
The CMF mailing list can be reached at the [EMAIL PROTECTED] address,
to sign up please visit http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-
Please file bug reports, feature requests or suggestions in the CMF
bug collector at http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF .
What has changed since the last release?
- WorkflowTool: Added the IConfigurableWorkflowTool interface.
This change includes the new 'getDefaultChain' and
methods and an improved 'setChainForPortalTypes' method. The
handler now supports the 'remove' attribute for removing
- CMFCore.CachingPolicyManager: Implemented the old
API. Now objects other than CMF content or CMF templates can
caching headers set by the caching policy manager with the same
- testing: Added test layers for setting up ZCML.
- CMFDefault formlib: Added zope.formlib support.
This includes some CMF specific base classes and an
- browser views: Added some zope.formlib based forms.
- CMFDefault utils: Added 'checkEmailAddress' function.
- Added CMFCore.FSRestMethod: ReST equivalent of FSSTXMethod.
- CMFCore.FSSTXMethod: Modernized, added tests, made customization
possible (now renders via ZPT by default, using 'main_template').
- Portal: Added 'email_charset' property.
- CMFDefault utils: Added 'makeEmail' function.
- CMFDefault.Image and CMFDefault.File: Overridden index_html
add Cache Policy Manager-awareness and thus bring these
in line with CMFCore.FSFile and CMFCore.FSImage
- CMFCore.CachingPolicyManager: Prevent firing of caching policies
for templates (DTML or ZPT) that are rendered in-line (without a
separate request) while rendering the requested content item's
- CMFDefault RegistrationTool: Fixed too restrictive email
The new 'checkEmailAddress' function is now used.
- Fixed test breakage induced by use of Z3 pagetemplates in Zope
- CMFDefault skins: Fixed encoding issues in welcome and
'password_email' and 'registered_email' now encode their
correctly, using 'email_charset' and the new 'makeEmail'
- The CMF now depends on Zope 2.10.1
Zope maillist - Zope@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -