Jonathan wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yuri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2006 11:07 AM
Subject: [Zope] help performance

I've an old machine with zope 2.6 with an application based on ZClass. Now, updating 4000 record takes ages (more than an hour...), basically it is a propertysheet update + recatalog of every object of 4000.

Can I have significative performance upgrade changing something in the code base? Some ZCatalog "slow" bug in 2.6 I could patch you know of? :)

You could try different transaction subcommit threshold settings (Catalog - Advanced tab) to see if different settings have any beneficial impact.

Subtransactions are *Disabled :)