Dennis Schulz schrieb:
I would like to build a tal loop that renders a list of elements (widgets in my case) in a table. (for example I have a list of 9 items, then it renders a table: five rows with 2,2,2,2,1 items) the table has 2 columns, so i would need to open and close the table row every second item. I tried to check with a condition if the row is odd or even, but unopened and unclosed tags are not valid.

Is there any possibiliy to do this with tal?

Well, you just dont want to do this in TAL, really ;)
You have to choices: either not using a table but
a couple of carefully CSS-crafted <div> tags
(See or so for hints on tableless floating

Or you go the easy path and have a data preparing script
(Script (Python) - Object) which does something along the lines

return [data[i:i+rowlength] for i in range(0,len(data),rowlength)]

I think you get the idea :-)