Thank you very much for your response.

Ok, you are right, but if I do it why the ZMI is showing to me the new
meta type for both instances? This is wrong...

Also, I don't understand why if I explicit change the meta_type
property for the old instance (e.g. a method of MyClass that is called
via URL) still nothing happens?

I also tried to add the following lines to the MyClass:

   _properties = (
           {'id': 'meta_type', 'type': 'string', 'mode': 'w'},

In the Properties tab for both instances the same value is shown for
the meta_type property.

Thank you very much once again for taking time to consider my problem.

On 12/6/06, Dieter Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dragos Chirila wrote at 2006-12-6 15:48 +0200:
>What I am trying to accomplish is to be able to change the meta_type
>value and this to work (e.g. with no effect on python scripts like

The best way is *NOT* to change the meta type (at least not when
you have places that require it unchanged).

Instead derive a new class from it and give this new class a new