----- Original Message ----- From: "kevin7kal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 2:30 PM
Subject: [Zope] Zope/Cache/Memory

I have a database that is just under 200K objects with plans that it will grow larger. The objects are created by using another object with methods that read files and create the objects from the data in the files. When creating the objects, I find I have to manually clear the cache or else zope eventually crashes with an out of memory error. There are 4GB of ram on the server. The same issue arises when I catalog the objects. I am trying maintain as much speed as possible, so I do not want to catalog until the end of the import.

Make sure you have correctly set the cache parameters in zope.conf, and make sure that the ZCatalog subtransactions are enabled - and you can play around with the threshold values to improve performance (I am assuming that the database you mentioned was a ZCatalog).