2006/12/12, David Bear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
I have a page template that <div> tag to insert another template.
currently I do

  form template

I rely on the form.pt object to exist in the folder where the template
is called from. This works okay. However, I think it would be wise to
put some kind of error checking in the tal to avoid sending some kind
of exception to the browser.

what I think would be the correct thing is to test if form.pt exists,
if not do insert nothing, otherwise insert it as above.

However I can't seem to locate any tal syntax that lets me do this.

I found tal:condition but haven't found any examples of using a
'exists' type of condition.

Any pointers?

There is an exists expression that you can use in a condition:

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/AppendixC.stx#3-44

--
Kit BLAKE · Infrae · http://infrae.com/ + 31 10 243 7051
Hoevestraat 10 · 3033 GC · Rotterdam + The Netherlands