From: Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Allen Huang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Zope <>
Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2006 2:47:52 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: [Zope] problem with the shapelib module.. help

- --On 23. Dezember 2006 22:27:29 -0800 Allen Huang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 2. but when I save the shapefiles (taiwan1.shp, taiwan1.shx, taiwan1.dbf)
> into zope and call it using dtml it return the same error message.
> import shapelib, dbflib
>         def readshp(filename):
>             shp = shapelib.ShapeFile(filename)
>             return
>         and in zope
>         <dtml-var expr="readshp(taiwan1.shp)">
>                 or
>         <dtml-var expr="readshp('http://localhost/pytest/taiwan1.shp')";>

No idea what shapelib is doing but reading a file from the locale
filesystem as it seems to work from an external method is *different* from
a accessing
content that is stored within the ZODB. I really wonder why you think it
would work the same way? The hierarchical object storage of Zope looks
similar to a filesystem but it is not a filesystem and the Python APIs for
accessing filesystems don't apply. We have no idea what the ShapeFile
constructors expects as data. If it expects a filename of a file within the
filesystem then you must obtain the content of your data stored within the
ZODB, create a temporary file and call the constructor as you did within
your external method. Possibly the constructor accepts the data directly
as *string* this case this would make things a bit easier. But it is up
to *you* to check the Shapelib API and take appropriate action.

- -aj
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (Darwin)

Do You Yahoo!?