Hi all.

I'm trying to explore the possible reasons behind some strange
traceback which on some conditions (unknown to me at the moment)
appears while running my ZopeTestCases.

When I run all my tests, sometimes I get no error. Sometimes I get
from 3 to 5 tracebacks, all related to the same part of the code. Here
is one of those tracebacks.

ERROR: testActIntegration.DeterminationTestCase.testProposal
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "testActIntegration.py", line 106, in testProposal
   draft.fromScratch(AUTHOR)
 File "/var/local/zope27/paflow/zeoclient/Products/PAFlow/Acts.py",
line 1298, in fromScratch
   self.makeDocumentUsingData()
 File "/var/local/zope27/paflow/zeoclient/Products/PAFlow/Acts.py",
line 1085, in makeDocumentUsingData
   'application/pdf')
 File "/var/local/zope27/paflow/zeoclient/Products/PAFlow/Documents.py",
line 676, in setBinaryFileType
   self.updateData(file, content_type)
 File "/var/local/zope27/paflow/zeoclient/Products/PAFlow/Documents.py",
line 558, in updateData
   data, size = self._read_data(file)
 File "/var/local/zope27/base278/lib/python/OFS/Image.py", line 518,
in _read_data
   get_transaction().commit(1)
 File "/var/local/zope27/base278/lib/python/ZODB/Transaction.py",
line 241, in commit
   ncommitted += self._commit_objects(objects)
 File "/var/local/zope27/base278/lib/python/ZODB/Transaction.py",
line 356, in _commit_objects
   jar.commit(o, self)
 File "/var/local/zope27/base278/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line
452, in commit
   dump(state)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.3/copy_reg.py", line 69, in _reduce_ex
   raise TypeError, "can't pickle %s objects" % base.__name__
TypeError: can't pickle function objects

Of course, there is a lot of my code here, so basically I'm not asking
about the problem, but on how I could further explore the problem
(aside from putting a conditional break in the code and run the tests
until it is activated).

Another (related) question is related to the following snippet, from OFS.Image:

 File "/var/local/zope27/base278/lib/python/OFS/Image.py", line 518,
in _read_data
   get_transaction().commit(1)

Here we have therefore a subtransaction committed. This worries me a
lot, since my code deals, at the same time, with PostgreSQL database
and ZCatalog. In the ZCatalog, the subtransactions where disabled
since they were not compatible with PostgreSQL.

I think there is a similar issue with subtransaction in Image... am I wrong?

Regards
Marco

--
Marco Bizzarri