--On 11. Januar 2007 17:07:37 +0000 Meitham Jamaa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I am writing a thesis about the security of Zope and have these
questions. I am wondering if this is the right place to ask.

Is Zope behind Apache the only solution to provide SSL connection to Zope?

That's the recommended and "best-practice" solution (besides using Squid)

If not what are the other options?
Have there been any work on making Zope being able to handle SSL itself?
If not, why it is hard to?

There are patches for ZServer available however that's not the recommended
solution.

-aj