--On 15. Januar 2007 15:56:22 -0500 "Mark, Jonathan (Integic)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I open up a Zope 2.10.1 ZPT or DTML page in a webdav client, using
Notepad or the Amaya web editor. Unfortunately, the DTML tags and ZPT
attibutes get replaced with the substituted values. All I see in Notepad
or Amaya are the rendered HTML that would get returned to the browser.
Thus I cannot modify the ZPT or DTML page source, since the source is not

Is that intended behavior for Zope and WebDav? It seems kind of

Is there a workaround? I don't object to using ZopeEdit, but I would
prefer to use WebDav, since that is a general tool that is not specific
to Zope.

What is Zope/WebDav for if not for modifying the source (not the rendered
HTML!) of ZPT and DTML objects?

Are you really using the dedicated WeDAV port of Zope and *not* the standard
HTTP port?