Robert, thanks for the suggestion. I am using Zope for our sites, not Plone. There is no rebuild option in the manage_catalogAdvanced tab.

However, it turns out there is another solution to this issue:

I checked the zope book under "Searching and Categorizing Content" and it turns out that I had been using the getPath() method to display results from catalog queries when I should have been using the getURL() method.

When I changed my script to use the getURL() method, the path was displayed from the root of the site, as in "/myobject/" as desired, (instead of "/mysite/myojbect") as I was getting before.

John T.

----- Original Message ----- From: "robert rottermann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Zope] Path Level in Catalog

try just rebuilding the catalog in prtal_catalog/advanced ->rebuild