I think that when you restart zope, it compiles everything that is in the
products directory. So what happens when you compile it for yourself while
zope is running ?

If you have only one machine,  you can setup multiple zope instances to
develop and debug on them so that you are not obliged to restart the
production instance.

Y.Chaouche
2007/1/19, Gaute Amundsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Friday 19 January 2007 12:13, Maciej Wisniowski wrote:
> > Subject says it sall.
> > Only way I have found so far is to restart zope, and on a production
> > server, that is not very popular. Takes about 10 minutes on ours..
>
> Have you tried to go into Edit form of your external method
> and just hit Save button?
> This should tell you that External method was updated.

Most definitely.
That updates everything in the file in the Extensions folder, but noting
that
this file imports.

Gaute