On Saturday 20 January 2007 12:00, Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On 20. Januar 2007 11:55:18 +0100 Jens Vagelpohl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> wrote:
> > That database size isn't too large and will not cause 10 minute startup.
> > Only the index file is read in during startup, not the whole database -
> > unless your index file does not exist or is corrupt.
>
> ..which might be the result of an unclean shutdown.
>
> Andreas

That sounds plausible.
We don't do restarts during bussines ours unless we absolutely _have_to_ of
course. The restarts I am talking about was before we got Varnish up and
running, when the frontpage of http://www.dagligvarehandelen.com would take
up to one minute to load, and apache server status would report loads of
connections in the "reading" state.

Thanks for your input.

Gaute