--On 23. Januar 2007 09:24:56 -0800 cristopher pierson ewing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've been told that zope is not set up to utilize the extra processing
power of multiproc machines.  I have a new intel x-serve with the
dual-core dual-proc setup, and want to get the most I can out of zope.
I've read a few articles that mention running more than one zope process
as zeo clients sharing a single ZODB.  What isn't mentioned is any
additional seetup needed to ensure that each zeo client uses a separate

You can use "taskset" on Linux (schedutils package). However it is somewhat a mistry about the overhead when you don't tie a process to a particular CPU. The current Linux scheduler tries to keep long-running processes on the same CPU instead of migrating them from one CPU to another one. The basic
rule: 1 CPU per major process (ZEO client, ZEO server etc).