On Jan 25, 2007 12:14 PM, Brian wrote:

>We have a very busy site that required zserver-threads to be bumped to
>My understanding is DB connections (pool_size) is hardwired to 7, no
>"knob" to adjust, and it should match the number of zserver-threads.
>We do get warnings in the logs, so I should fix it.
>Create a "custom_zodb.py" and put in your Zope installation directory.
>Does that mean the zinstance or zeoinstance?
>The root, or the /etc of the zeoinstance/zinstance?
>How do I determine the cache_size setting?
>Right now the "Target number of objects in memory per cache 15000".

hey brian,

you are able to adjust both (pool- and cache-size) in the zodb_db-part
your zope.conf.
Just see the example in my config:

<zodb_db temporary>
 # Temporary storage database (for sessions)
   name temporary storage for sessioning
 mount-point /temp_folder
 pool-size 8
 container-class Products.TemporaryFolder.TemporaryContainer

<zodb_db zeo.root>
 mount-point /
 # ZODB cache, in number of objects
 cache-size 5000
   server localhost:8100
   storage zeo.root
   name zeo.root
   var $INSTANCE/var
   # ZEO client cache, in bytes
   cache-size 20MB
   # Uncomment to have a persistent disk cache
   #client zeo_client0