I'm trying to get an object by walking a path. Previously, I used baseobject.unrestrictedTraverse(path). Upon migrating to 2.10.1, though, doing the same thing often produces the following error:

 File "/usr/local/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/Organizer.py", line 148, in

return self.getDmdRoot(self.dmdRootName).unrestrictedTraverse(path)
 File "usr/local/zenoss/lib/python/OFS/Traversable.py", line 259, in

AttributeError: REQUEST

The problem appears to be that the Traversable mixin assumes that self.REQUEST will be available; since we're calling it from outside Zope, though, there is no request. Any thoughts? Why was this changed, and is there an extant way to get the same result without just writing a simple method that walks the path?

Ian McCracken