Mark, Jonathan (Integic) wrote at 2007-1-26 10:29 -0500:
>I have an external method which uses eval(). I would like to prevent anyone
>from calling this method from inside a URL, e.g.,
>Rather, I wish for only Zope objects such as Python Scripts to be able to call
>this external method. Is there any way to turn off the publishing of external
>methods to the web in Zope?

When you do not want that a object is called from the Web, you
have too options: give it a non 'None' 'index_hmtl' (then this
'index_html' is called and can tell that this object must not be called
directly) or give it an empty '__doc__'.

The ZMI does not give you a way to do this, but you can
do it in an interactive Python interpreter accessing your storage
directly (under *nix: "bin/zopectl debug").